Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The snow

I woke up with a sore sore throat this morning, but surprise when I opened the shutters I saw something falling from the sky.  Was it rain? No, let's see, it is snow.  I swallowed hard and miracle, milagro, I am studying Spanish again, my sore throat relinquished its claw like hold, but that's not all. 
We've had a kitten for about nine days, so now the first thing I do in the morning, instead of making the coffee I crave, is to go deliver her from the room in which we shutter her.
She meowed fiercely, first because she wanted to be fed, second because she wanted to be held. I did and carried her to the window.  
The beautiful light snow was blanketing my garden.  It continued falling, gamely, gravely, grandly, gracefully, gaily.  
Coco and I took in the spectacle for a good twenty minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment